Bellus3D Custom Face Mask Fitter
Innosek has partnered with Bellus3D to create custom formed face mask fitters!
The Bellus3D Mask Fitter frame is a personalized 3D printed plastic frame that is contoured to the specific shape of a person's face to improve the peripheral seal of surgical, KN95 or other masks.
The frame is automatically generated from a 3D face scan using the Bellus3D Face App and the file can be uploaded here
- The NIH has listed the Bellus3D Mask Fitter as appropriate for clinical use.
How to Make Bellus3D's Face Mask Fitter
What You Will Need
You will need to scan the wearer's face using Bellus3D FaceApp, which requires an iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max. If you are using an iPad Pro, you can scan using Bellus3D Dental Pro.
Scanning with Bellus3D FaceApp
Download Bellus3D FaceApp or Dental Pro from the Apple App Store
1) Apple App Store Download:
- FaceApp: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bellus3d-faceapp/id1352268131
- Dental Pro: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bellus3d-dental-pro/id1449506214
2) Stand or sit in a stationary place so that you will be able to turn your head 90° to the left and right. Remove glasses or anything else obscuring your face.
3) Launch the FaceApp application and select the FACE option.
4) Position the phone directly in front of your face at a distance that causes the red oval to turn green. Once green, push the white button at the bottom of the phone display to initiate the scan. Hold a neutral facial expression (don't smile) for the duration of the scan.
5) When prompt, turn head 90° to the left, then back to the middle, 90° to the right and then back to the middle.
- Once the capture is complete, FaceApp will stitch together the various perspectives to form the 3D model. In the bottom right corner, you can press the "Mask Fitter" button to generate the fitter model.
6) Select and purchase your desired Mask Fitter frame digital file by tapping on “Standard,” “Premium,” or “Tall” (“Basic” is not supported for use with Order Codes).
7) Optional: Enter a 6-digit character name or 10-character label that will be printed on the Mask Fitter frame. This can be your first name, employee number or other distinguishing character sequence. When done, tap on “Next” in the upper right corner.
8) Press the "Export" button in the bottom right to pay for and download your Mask Fitter File
9) Upload .stl file here and continue on Innosek Shop for purchase
Purchase and download of the .stl file from the Bellus3D app
Select quantity and color of mask fitter from Innosek Shop
Upload .STL file from Bellus3D app, here
Place Order with Innosek